Everyday Oils collection
Ensure you’ll always have the benefits of Young Living’s therapeutic-grade essential oils on hand with our brand new, 10-oil Everyday Oils collection.
The oils in this select collection will provide ongoing support for your home, health, and body. Enjoy the relaxing benefits of lavender and Peace & Calming, the cleansing power of Thieves and Purification, the comforting touch of Valor and PanAway, the uplifting properties of the newly added Joy essential oil blend, and much more.
Everyday Oils Essential Oil Collection includes:
- 5 ml Joy
- 5 ml Frankincense
- 5 ml Lemon
- 5 ml Lavender
- 5 ml Peppermint
- 5 ml Purification
- 5 ml Panaway
- 5 ml Peace & Calming®
- 5 ml Thieves®
- 5 ml Valor®
Everyday Oils Kit also part of the Premium Starter Kit when you join as Independent Distributor.
LAVENDER (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing physically and emotionally. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
- Calming – Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Sleep Aid – Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- Bee Sting / Insect Bite Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Minor Burn Put 2-3 drops Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
- Cuts – Drop Lavender oil on cut to stop bleeding, clean wound, and kill bacteria.
- Eczema / Dermatitis – Mix several drops of Lavender oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
- Motion Sickness – To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
- Nosebleed – To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
- Unblock Tear Ducts – Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
- Dry / Chapped Skin – Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
- Chapped / Sunburned Lips – Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
- Scar Tissue – To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the affected area.
- Deodorant – Rub 2-4 drops Lavender oil over armpit area to act as a deodorant.
- Hay Fever – Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms
of hay fever.
- Dandruff – Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Moths & Insects – Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- Water Fountains – Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
- Sweeten Laundry – Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Cold Sores – Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
- Allergies – Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
- Sunburn – Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
- Rashes – Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
FRANKINCENSE (Boswellia carteri)
was considered more valuable than gold in ancient times and used to treat every ill known to man. It’s known for it’s anti-tumoral, immune boosting, antidepressant, & muscle relaxing benefits. As well as stimulating to the limbic system of the brain and the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary glands.
- Concentration – Use 1-2 drops Frankincense oil on temples and back of neck to improve concentration.
- Immune System – Apply 1-3 drops Frankincense oil on each foot to strengthen the immune system.
- Blisters – Dilute Frankincense oil 50/50 with V-6 mixing oil and apply to a blistered area 3-5 times daily.
- Insect Bites – Put a drop of Frankincense oil on an insect bite to help reduce swelling and speed healing.
- Depression – Diffuse or inhale from the bottle to help with mood elevation.
- Brittle Nails – Apply 1-3 drops Frankincense on nails and at base of nails, 3 times per week.
- Stretch Marks – Rub a few drops on stretch marks 2 times a day.
- Cysts – Apply 1-2 drops on cyst 2 times a day until it disappears.
- Skin Health – Apply 1-2 drops Frankincense oil on sun damaged skin spots 2 times a day until it disappears.
- Warts – Put 2 drops on wart 2 times a day until disappears completely.
- Breast Health – Rub 2-3 drops on breasts and lower abdomen everyday.
- Healthy Maintenance – Dilute 1 drop Frankincense oil in 1tsp. honey or 4 oz. rice milk and ingest daily for
VALOR is an energy balancing blend of Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum), Frankincense (Boswellia carteri), and Spruce (Picea mariana) in a base of pure Almond Oil. Valor works with the bodies electrical and nervous system bringing alignment and balance throughout the whole body system.
- Emotional Strength – Rub a few drops of Valor oil over the heart, neck, wrists and on the bottom of each foot to relieve feelings of fear and anxiety.
- Back Pain/Injury – Apply Valor to bottoms of feet and spine to help alignment.
- Joint Pain/Injury – Add a few drops of Valor to V-6 mixing oil and apply to the joints.
- TMJ – Rub Valor on the jaw before bed and in the morning until pain is relieved.
- Sciatica – Apply 2 drops of Valor to the heels of feet using pressure (see vita flex chart).
- Anxiety – Rub a few drops on feet, neck and chest. Breathe deeply.
- Sleep Apnea – Apply Valor to the bottoms of feet before bed.
- Stiff Neck – Use 2 drops of Valor on neck and massage.
- Spinal Adjustment – Rub a few drops of Valor up and down the spine and the bottom arches of the feet.
PEPPERMINT (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Scientists have researched its effect on the liver and respiratory improving concentration and accuracy. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
- Indigestion / Flatulence / Diarrhea – Rub 4-6 drops if Peppermint oil in the palm and rub over the stomach and around the naval to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
- Heartburn – Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
- Inflammation (unbroken skin) – Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on an area of injury or chronic
- Injuries Bruise (unbroken skin) – Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (not broken skin) bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around but not on the open wound.
- Fever – Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
- Itching – Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
- Poison Ivy / Poison Oak – For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V- 6 vegetable mixing oil.
- Working Out – Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Nausea – Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
- Headache – To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
- Hiccups – To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
- Alertness/Concentration – Place 2 drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
- Concentration / Recall – Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
- Travel Sickness – Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on the chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
- Congestion – Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve
congestion from a cold.
- Flavoring / Preservative – Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and preservative.
- Rodents / Ants / Cockroaches – To deter rodents, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
- Paint Fumes – Mix a 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes.
- Tea as Coffee Substitute – Place a drop of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
- Aphids – Add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 oz. of water and spray plants to kill aphids.
- Summer Cooler – Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- Arthritis / Tendonitis – Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- Bad Breath – Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
- Curb Appetite – Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
- Ticks – Remove tick by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to withdraw its head from the skin and remove it.
- Sore Feet – Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
THIEVES is a highly antibacterial blend of Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Lemon (Citrus limon), Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Radiata), and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT cineol).
With the threat of strange viruses and antibiotic-resistant germs, you can feel safe with Thieves Oil. Named after 15th century Thieves who rubbed these oils on themselves during the plague so as not to contract the disease while robbing the dead.
Thieves has a 99.96 % kill rate against airborne microorganisms.
- Cold & Flu – Diffuse Thieves Oil (in 1/2 hour increments) in room. Rub a drop on the bottom of feet. 1 drop of Thieves in a glass of water and drink.
- Strep Throat – Drop 2-4 drops in water and gargle as needed. Dilute 50/50 with V-6 oil and apply to throat and back of neck apply a warm compress.
- Household Germs – 2-6 drops of Thieves oil in a small spray bottle and fill with water. Spray counter tops, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, & door knobs etc.
- Gingivitis/Bleeding gums – Rub a drop or two of Thieves oil all over gums 2 times a day until gone.
- Mold – Diffuse Thieves (in half hour increments) in Basement to kill mold or wherever mold is present.
- Bronchitis – Dilute 50/50 2-6 drops of Thieves with V6 mixing oil and rub on chest and upper back apply a warm compress. Diffuse.
- Cold Sores & Fever Blisters – 1 Drop on cold sore or blister 3 times a day or as needed until it is gone.
- Fungal Skin & Toe Infections – 1 drop of Thieves on the infection 2 to 3 times a day until gone.
PANAWAY is a pain relief blend of Wintergreen (Gaultheria proumbens), Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Peppermint (Mentha piperita) and Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum). This blend will ease discomforts of an active lifestyle or those everyday twinges with a warming and soothing effect.
- Inflammation / Bruising – Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising.
- Sore Muscles – Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising.
- Headache – Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back of the neck to relieve a headache.
- Growing Pains – Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and massage on locations to stop growing pains.
- Arthritis Pain – Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain.
- Sciatic Pain – Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine to relieve sciatic pain.
- Arthritis in Pets – For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V-6 vegetable oil on location or add a drop in the food.
PEACE & CALMING is a gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine (Citrus noblis), Orange (Citrus sinensis), Ylang Ylang (canaga odorata), Patchouly (Pogostemon cablin), and Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum). Originally designed for diffusing, its uses have expanded. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
- Sleep – Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of the feet and on the shoulders before bedtime to get good quality sleep.
- Overactive Children – Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive or hard to manage children.
- Relaxing Massage – Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
- Relaxing Bath – Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a relaxing bath.
- Teeth Grinding – Diffuse Peace & Calming while sleeping to help stop nocturnal teeth grinding.
PURIFICATION is an antiseptic blend of Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), Melaleuca (Melalueca alternifolia), Lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and Myrtle (Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
- Air Purifier / Freshener – Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
- Air Purifier / Freshener – Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office,
car, hotel room or enclosed areas.
- Air Purifier / Freshener – While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself from pathogens found in
- Insect Bites – Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to stop the itching.
- Skin Blemishes – Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes to clear skin.
- Sore Throat – Rub a drop of Purification oil on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
- Blisters – Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
- Sneaker Odors – Put 2 drops of Purification oil on 2 cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
- Humidifier – Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
- Flu – Dilute Purification oil with V-6 vegetable mixing oil and swab the nasal cavity to ward off the flu.
100.Insect Repellant – Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
101.Cat / Dog Ear Mites – Apply Purification oil and Peppermint oil diluted with V-6 vegetable mixing oil to a cotton swab and rub just inside the ear to eliminate ear mites in cats and dogs.
LEMON (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
102.Air Freshener – Put 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use in bathroom as an air freshener.
103.Gum, Oil, Grease Spots and Crayons – Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
105.Lemonade – For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 Tbls. of honey and 2 cups of pure water. Adjust to suite your own taste.
106.Callouses / Bunions / Warts – Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous, bunion or wart mornings and evenings until it disappears.
107.Prolong Life of Fresh Fruit – To clean and increase shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon.
108.Counter Tops – Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter to sterilize.
109.Dishcloths – Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to disinfect and kill germs.
110.Public Bathrooms – Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
Guidelines for Safe Use of Young Living Everyday Oils Kit
Therapeutic-grade essential oils are strong and safe when used as directed. Below are some preventative precautions to help you have an enjoyable experience using Young Living Essential Oils.
- Always test for skin sensitivity and keep a bottle of V6 vegetable oil, massage oil base or any pure vegetable oil handy when using essential oils. Vegetable oils dilute essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation. Water does not help.
- Read the complete label before using essential oils.
- Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool location away from children. If a child swallows an essential oil, administer milk, honey or another safe, oil-soluble liquid such as soy or rice milk. Do not use essential oils rich in menthol (such as Peppermint) on the throat or neck area of children under 30 months (2 years) of age.
- The citrus-based oils of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange and Tangerine as well as oil blends with a heavy citrus concentration such as White Angelica and Purification should not be used on areas of the skin that will be exposed to the sun or UV rays within 72 hours. They may cause an increased reaction to the sun.
- Keep essential oils away from the eyes and out of your ears. Do not handle contact lenses or rub your eyes with essential oils on your fingers. If the oils should get into your eyes, soothe with a drop of vegetable oil, not water.
- Oils with a high phenol content Oregano, Helichrysum, Cinnamon, Thyme, Clove, Lemongrass, Bergamot, Thieves, and ImmuPower may damage contact lenses and irritate eyes. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before handling contact lenses.
- Epileptics and those with high blood pressure should consult their health care professional before using some essential oils. Avoid Hyssop, Fennel and Idaho Tansy oils.
- Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe by the FDA) essential oils internally, always dilute with an oil soluble liquid like honey, olive oil or soy milk.
- Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bath water. Use Epsom Salts as a dispersing agent for oils in the bath.
- Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using essential oils containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as Clary Sage, Sage, Idaho Tansy, Juniper and Fennel.
Obligatory Disclaimer: This information is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician.